Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wunderwood

So last night was the BIG Carrie Underwood concert here in Albany, NY....warning right now this could be a long post....I have a lot of stories.


Part I: For those of you who don't know, my friend Terrie is a HUGEEEEE fan. She even went to Nashville last year to see her. She is a member of the Carrie fan club and so she knows the inside scoop and gets special priveleges, one of which, is presale tickets. So she gets our tickets. Another privelege is the opportunity to be entered into a lottery to attend a meet and greet before hand. As smart as she is she decides if she signs me up, there is a better chance of one of us getting to meet her.....so guess who wins the lottery....ME!



Part II: So we get there early to get my tickets from the will call booth and they have tickets for a Mellon but not me....we are freaking and don't know what to do. There is another couple, Tom and Cheryl behind us and they have the fan club number, but they can't find it. So I give the employees my email and password so they can retrieve my email with the winning invitation and instructions... Guess what it worked after consulting with the "Carrie" people they realized they had made a mistake and my name was not Peter.



Part III: So Terrie goes with Cheryl to have a drink while they wait for Tom and I to go to the Meet and Greet (Cheryl even bought Terrie a Pepsi, very nice people for another part later). We go backstage to a small room with about 20 other people, we line up and realize that Tom is the oldest person in the room, but I was the oldest female...we laugh. Time to meet Carrie, so I open my cell phone with a picture of Terrie holding the Carnival CD the day she bought it and I explain the whole situation to Carrie and ask if she will sign a CD for Terrie (we were only supposed to get 1 autograph and of course I would have got it for Terrie but 2 would be better). and Carrie says Sure and takes the CD, she goes to open it and we have forgotten to take of that tape....Embarrassing so Carrie says, No Problem....well it was and she had tape all over her fingers, and never once complained, she laughed and when the security guard wanted to take it from her to finish (he had already taken the tape of of mine) she said, I almost have it.





Part IV: The concert was great she was a rockstar. Terrie called it with the opening and closing songs. Her outfits were great, nothing awful. I was envious of how she could dance around the stage in super-super tall heels. Another great part of the concert was Tom and Cheryl. Tom is a huge fan, him and Terrie both. We met them initially at the will-call booth. They are fans and We met them at intermission and again after the concert, we were gonna go to the Crowne Plaza for dinner with them afterwards but had to get home to some kids. But that is okay because we have each others phone numbers (I already called them once during the concert) and hopefully we can meet for lunch in Saratoga.






PART V: The Wrap-Up-It was a great night, and the ride home was even a blast. I had to use the little potty so bad that I don't know how I managed not to wet my pants with all of the laughing. Well for all of those who read this entire blog...you are true friends. For those of you who just scanned it, well I don't blame you!

3 comments:

caseyann said...

tiffani sounds like you had a fun night!!! of course i can't help but wish i was making these memories with you!! okay that sounds like i'm a lesbian but you know what i mean. but i miss you. move back! move back!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That looked like it was alot of fun! What a fun night.

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

Hey Tiff, I am so jealous. You know that you and I were better idol fans and carrie underwood was my fave!!! I'm so happy you got to go. Thanks for sharing. At least I know she's real now.. lol. I read your whole blog... I was missing you so you know I am a true friend now.
Love, Diana