Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I was the first awake this morning. I think the boys forgot what day it was until Geoff reminded them. They quickly retrieved the gifts and cards and ran to my room. Nothing was more beautiful than the smiles on their faces as I read each of the handmade cards they had made at church and at school, their eyes lit up so big as I read them one by one. Nothing is better than a love for a child. It was quick to get ready and off to church. We were all so tired.

When we got home they sent me to my room to rest while they made breakfast for lunch. I don't know how many times they came in asking what I would prefer (so cute, but little rest)! About an hour later breakfast was served, waffles, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon and sausage. Oh and don't let me forget my appetizer, some sort of milkshake they made in the mini food processor with icecream and assorted other ingredients. The food was good, but what I enjoyed more was their effort and desire, although in the end I did have a rather large mess to clean up!

We spent the afternoon playing on the driveway with train tracks and Lincoln Logs, until the rest of the nieghbor kids came over and I was freezing. A simple dinner and a game of Apples to Apples ended the day. These are the memories I want to keep from this day.....forever!

1 comment:

museumeg said...

Being a mom is the best job in the world hands down!