Friday, July 17, 2009

Wicked in New York

Off to NYC one of my favorite places to go….not that I would want to live there. It started off an early morning….Camille, Cindy, Terrie and I piled in the car and headed out around 6:00 am. Straight to China Town, one of my favorite places to shop. I can’t leave there without a pair of sunglasses. We found some cute jewelry, a purse for Cindy and a camera bag for Terrie (a purse, but don’t tell her that is what they are called.)

Before you know it Camille was rushing us out, we had reservations at Serendipitiy’s and so she hailed us a cab. You would think she was the one driving. Yummy food, and yes the Frozen Hot Chocolate is to die for, minus the whip cream, I didn’t care for it too much. Then off to Dylans candy store. I am glad we went there after we had eaten, although I did find the cutest Diet Coke bottle I have ever seen. Time flies when you are having fun and now for the main event….WICKED!
I had seen this once before, but it was just as good I was able to sit back and take it all in now that I knew the story (side note, my mom was seeing the same day in Tempe, AZ). A trip to the city isn’t a trip unless you make it to the M&M store, find out your color mood, use the restroom and pick something up for at least one kid. Then to the Hershey store. We were beginning to see a theme….Do you? Camille had to shop at her favorite store, obviously it wasn’t ours. JK.

Then sadly it was time to go, we headed home but then when we came to a screeching hault in front of some orange cones… we had to take the next exit which happened to be the IKEA exit. A quick pit stop and we called it a night. A lot of fun and a lot of laughs….my stomach and back hurt…..much needed!

1 comment:

caseyann said...

I hope I can go to NYC one more time with you! NYC is so much fun. Glad you got a little break.