Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Boys can Sew




Well as most of you know I began quilting 3 years ago. The boys have watched me make several quilts and liked looking at them and using them. Hayden and Preston were often my compaions on trips to Joanns, where they too, at times would pick a fat quarter of fabric to take home....Hayden would unwrap it and sleep with it.


Well, while I was in California the boys went to a church activity focused on preparing for a mission. Here they learned basic skills and one of them was sewing a button on to a piece of fabric. Well that is all it took and the boys were hooked. They called me and wanted to know where needles and thread were.


Well for over a month they have wanted to "sew" "make a quilt" so I finally took them to the fabric store and decided we would make a quilted pillow. So here it is, the process. I helped them cut and they sewed. We will have finished projects soon. Next posts.

No comments: