Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Finished quilted Pillows











Well they are done and I must say that I was more than impressed with the boys desires, dedication, and accomplishments. They each picked out their own fabric, and although I did try to persuade it did not work. I then let each of them decide what they wanted to do. When it came time to cutting I insisted on helping. Jake sewed much of his by hand and he did a really good job. Hayden started his by hand, but he soon decided to wait for the sewing machine. Chandler from the start knew he wanted the sewing machine. I showed them each how to use the machine and they took it from there....with the exception of Preston who held on to my hands as we sewed (is that a word and did I spell it right?). Well they are already contemplating a family quilt. Jake and Hayden watched the sunrise this morning and think that for sure it would be a good idea to do a quilt with a sunrise, daytime and a sunset. I think they might be a bit more ambitious than me....but we will see what will comes next.


PS I had to post individual pictures because they each showed the kids personality....and Chandler's "unique" taste in fabric. Hayden says....."Take a picture of me," like he is Donkey from Shrek. Preston does his shy pose and Jake is as proud as can be.

1 comment:

caseyann said...

they turned out so good and you can deffinetly tell which boy picked out the material. your such a good mommy to do that project with them.