Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Stairs



One of the bigger projects that we have taken on in this house. When I did the molding it was a lot of tedious work. I wish that I would have taken pictures of the stages but I didn't. This time we are working on the steps. The carpet on the stairs looked awful, and we have wanted wood steps ever since we moved in....Geoff did his research and we had a few options, one we could have hired someone, but what fun would that be and what would we be teaching our children...lol, another was to do them ourselves and again more options. When we pulled up the carpet we had nice pine planks, so we are attempting to use them. At this point Geoff has removed all the carpet, staples, etc. and has sanded out all the watermaks, stain drips and any of the other major flaws. We taped them off and begin priming the baseboards and the backs of the stairs so that we can paint them white. That is where it is now...lots of blue painter tape, white primer and very pretty raw pine. The boys want to keep the blue tape, they think it looks cool. Oh I forgot to say this was Geoffs first day of his vacation....you should see his list!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I ca,e across your blog by hitting the next blog button on the top of the page. Then when I got to the bottom of your page I saw the follow the mellons thing and it was challenging me to be the first follower. So I hope you don't find that creepy. I am a mom of 3 little girls in Utah and have always dreamed about even visiting the East, let alone moving there and I was intrigued.

Great job on the stairs! That is awesome.

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

That will be my next big "project". After all these years, Todd and I discussed changing our Flag and americana room to a bear room or more of a "cabin" theme room. Stay tuned!