Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Lesson Learned




So I ask you a simple question. You are asked to go on a fieldtrip to a museum....What do you wear and what do you take? Last year when I went to the Children's Museum we had snow outside so naturally I wore a heavy coat. On the bus it got warm, so I took it off. At the musem they took all the kids coats and threw them in a bin so I opted to carry mine, along with my purse.


So Monday we wake-up and it is very cold, the grass is covered in little specs of ice. So I put on Jeans and a long sleeve shirt, but forgo the Jacket. My car will have heat, the bus will have heat and the museum will have heat. Ohhh did I make a mistake, the Museum was not entirely your typical museum. This was on Native Americans, that were native to this area. Most of what we did was outside. Now despite all of the shivering, I did find this an interesting place. When we first arrived we did go inside, now at first the room had a chill, but of course I had just been on a heated bus. The rain was coming down pretty hard. We learned how the Indians made food, fortunatley or unfortunately due to the weather we did not tour the garden but all tried to peak out the door to see what she was talking about. Now it was time to go outside to the Wigwam, very cool, and cold, but yes I was amazed at all the hard work that went into these, and how well they used their resources. Next to the fire starting station, I had wished one had already been started. We were under a canopy and again it was very interesting but at this point I can barely feel my toes. For the last part we go back inside, now this time the room did feel nice. We were told a very cool story and we went home. Lesson learned, ask!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

Hard lesson to learn, huh? Isn't that the very lesson we want our kids to learn and don't?
How fun though!