Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

It is hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone already. It is a woderful time of year to think about all that we are blessed with. I really need to do that more often. It was beautiful this year our first "White Christmas" following the Ice Storm that taught me many valuable lessons...maybe I should look at that as my first Christmas gift.


We spent quite Christmas Eve with a new Tradition of take-out! This left me with patience and time to bake and decorate cookies for Santa.

We did have one Christmas Eve tradition of opening one gift and the gift is always new pajamas. The suprise is what they will look like. The boys were so excited that they wanted to go to bed early. And they tried, but I think the visions of "sugarlums" dancing in their heads kept them awake longer than they wanted. Finally they dozed off and me not far behind them.


Christmas morning Geoff and I were awake by 5:ish. The boys still asleep, so Geoff ran up and down the stairs a few times very loud making mention that someone had broke into our house and left stuff....the boys were up in no time, but had to wait at the top of the stairs so I could get the camera's (yes plural) ready.It didn't take long to open the gifts, and in no time the floor was unidentifiable and everyone was having a good time.



Off to the kitchen for the one standing tradition....a large breakfast. It took me 2.5 hour before I was done. Normally I throw the Ham in as soon as we wake up but this year I was in no hurry....We ate and played the rest of the day.
We had a few visitors that evening which was a pleasant suprise. Thanks! We ended the evening with the Nativity....I liked that, it summed up the day!

3 comments:

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

I love ya Tiff! Sounds like you have a "wonderful life"! Can I be you?

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

Hey,... how much are you making with your google ad? no fair!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a nice Christmas. I am glad to see that you guys are doing well. Happy New Year!