Friday, January 30, 2009

Simplify

Yesterday I went to Target to buy storage containers. I have a lot of things that I don't use, that take up a lot of room. A good chunk of it is fabric and scrapbooking supplies that I hope to use someday. Then I went to a class last night on Simplyifying our Lives, I felt pretty organized but thought what the heck...Well I learned a lot that I am not as organized as I think I am and that it doesn't mean I have "simplified" my life.

So now my back hurts after filling my garbage can, thank goodness today was garbage day, although I don't know what I will do with this weeks trash. I decided to throw out those things that took up more space than worth saving. I had several idea books, and catalogs for scrapbooking, I didn't really use them that much when I did it, they are gone. I went through the piles of all my kids papers I thought I needed and found I didn't really them all. I emptied and filled bins all morning. I am not done, I am achy and I need a break, but it feels good.

Now I need to simplify my emmotions. I wish I could remember the quotes on the board, but I know they got me thinking, maybe too much. I hope to get my life in order, all aspects. I know this will make me a happier person and a better mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. That is how I have been lately too. In October conference...I think it was Elder Perry who gave the "Simplify your life" talk and it really struck me. I too have been organizing and simplifing my life. It takes alot of work and I have only made a dent because you know....there are so many aspects of our lives that we need to clean out. It is worth it though.