Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hayden gets baptized!






What a special day for us. Hayden was baptized today. Something that he has been very excited about. He was able to choose the program and asked me to talk on Baptism, Chandler to talk on the Holy Ghost and for his Dad to perform the baptism. It was the first time that I have participated in one of the Boys Baptisms, more than just being a mom, and in charge of refreshments. It was very humbling to look into his eyes as I talked to him. I am grateful for that opportunity. Chandler, although he started out his talk saying he couldn't top that, did awesome. He sounded so mature, he handled himself so well, his hands in his pockets, not always reading from his paper. At one time he asked Hayden to come up. When Chandler sat down he told me had ad-libbed half of it. I would have never known. The whole things went well. Chandler was ordained a Deacon and will proudly pass the sacrament tomorrow as Hayden takes it for the first time with full meaning and purpose. I am proud of these boys, of all my boys.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Tiffani, lately all your posts make me get teary. I don't know if it's from your heartfelt words or from knowing we're missing it all with your boys we love so much. I'm glad you blog. Miss you guys.