Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hayden turns 8





Holy cow....another milestone. Hayden turned 8 today. He has been so excited for his birthday. Last night he couldn't sleep. He came downstairs and said I am just so excited for tomorrow. It took a few extra prayers but he did finally fall asleep. Geoff was home this morning so he was able to go in with me to wake him up by singing Happy Birthday, he jumped out of bed so fast. I think he was actually already awake, but he had the Happy Hayden Grin on. He was ready in no time. It was torture to wait to open his presents but finally everyone was ready. He tore through them all. I brought him McDonalds to lunch for school. He kinda knew I would so that wasn't a huge suprise. He handed out sour stix to his class. He has let me know that he would like to go back to ring pops.



It was also the Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts so that is how we celebrated his birthday. The boys had to decorate a cake that represented the state they were born in. They had fun!






For the final part of his birthday I placed a underwater webkinz on his pillow. His face lit up and I knew he had a great day. And that is the most important thing of all. He is a great kid, and I love him so much!

1 comment:

caseyann said...

Sounds like Hayden had a fun birthday. You sure know how to make your kiddos feel special. The cakes turned out great! I can't believe Hayden is 8!