Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wow it is in the 70's...It is HOT


Well last Sat. we were in the 70's and the kids were "sweating" so the neighbors put on the sprinklers and the kids had a blast, the crazy thing was the Saturday before we were still wearing winter coats and jackets, the heat was still on the house and everything was still twigs and brown.










It is amazing how fast spring gets here, just over the weekend I have watched all of my plants come to life, little buds are now full bloom and my tulips are peeking through...I see some purple, I am so excited for that. I planted 100 tulip bulbs last year and about 75% of them have broke through the surface. ..but not all faired so well. I was watching Jake run through the walkway and I said, "Jake, watch for my flowers." He replies, "Mom, I am so sorry. I didn't know they were flowers. I thought they were weeds so I have been stomping on them (that is the ugly picture)." Well spring is beautiful. I think that it is my favorite time of year, new growth, new beginnings, clean air...all is beautiful.

1 comment:

Getting There said...

I, too, am basking in the joy of springtime. There is nothing like a long snowy winter to make one appreciate the "popcorn popping on the apricot tree". Every day there is a new surprise waiting for me outside. (How's that for an ego, it is waiting there just for me, you know?) I have some tulips also but something walked all over a bunch of mine and I have a feeling it was the 2 wild bunnies that run around our neighborhood. They have cute white tails but stomping on my flowers wasn't so cute!