Thursday, May 8, 2008

OUCH!

Sunday morning I decided to do some towels. My Dad is in town and Becca is staying with us and so we go through towels really quick. I decided to clean the water drain out in hopes that the mildew smell stays out of the towels. About an hour later Hayden tells me that the carpet under the pool table is wet. Immediately I want to know who took water downstairs. He said, "Mom, there is no cup down there, I really think you should come look!" So a bit irritated, because I am reading my Sunday School manual I get up. Well he was right and instantly I knew that it was the washing machine and I must not have tightened the drain enough. I start dragging things out of the basement and my feet are soaked and freezing, the boys were helping and doing a great job. After about a half hour I realized I need some extra help and Geoff and my Dad come down. It took us another 2 hours to finishing soaking up the water. Well sometime I had banged my toe and that night this is what it looked like. It is now purple all down the top of my foot but the throbbing has stopped. And good news the carpet is finally dry and I was able to put things away. YEAH! Lesson learned........Don't do laundry on Sundays! Oh and don't forget to tighten the drain.