Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Preston turns the big "FIVE"



It really doesn't seem possible to me. My baby is 5, and I guess he really isn't a baby anymore. I was thinking about it the other day and when Chandler turned 5 I thought that he was so old...it is so the opposite for me now.

We celebrated his birthday on Monday with a BBQ. Our friends the Derricks, Helsoms and Balogs came over. He was thrilled. He got what he wanted, and that is because he really didn't know what he wanted except for the Diego Legos that he specifically explained to Terrie that he wanted, "ya know, the one in the box that has this and not the one that has that." When he opened it up...he yells "I knew it!

On his birthday I took him and his closest friends to McDonald's he was thrilled and called it his party again. Then when he went to preschool he told all of his friends there..."too bad you didn't get to come to my party!" I stayed and helped at his preschool for the afternoon...He was a ball of fire..I think the cupcakes right before preschool did him in.

Geoff had meetings that night so I put the kids to bed and watched David Cook win Idol. Well almost...I had it on DVR and so I was a few minutes behind when my friend Camille called and said, "I am so bummed!" I told her I hadn't seen the end yet. We laughed. But it was a good thing because the show ran over and my DVR quit recording when it said..."And the winner of Season 7 American Idol with more than 12 million votes is David......"

No comments: