Friday, April 3, 2009

It's Spring


Nothing like a beautiful day at a park with my youngest who adores me to remind me I am loved and that is what it is all about.

I think since moving to New York, spring has taken a whole new perspective on me. As the seasons change your environment changes. The green leaves turn beautiful shades and fall to the ground, and then everything becomes, in my opinion, ugly. It is cold, I gain weight, the kids are stir crazy, and then it is spring. The grass starts to turn green again, the trees grow new leaves and the tulips are peaking out of the ground, the kids are outside again enjoying nature like it is intended, the TV is off and the video games are put away. It is a new start, a fresh start, more to me than New Years.

I am observing all the damage from the icestorm, the trees with broken limbs still hanging from them, and the clean up crews everywhere picking up the piles of devastation along the roadsides, in my neighbors yards. Spring is my time to ring in my New Year! To start fresh, to begin a new cycle, and make it better than the one before. This is my year!

5 comments:

museumeg said...

Amen

caseyann said...

This is so your year!!! i love spring time too. i do remember it. ha.. i love your attitude towards life. love you girl!!

Shauna said...

I'm with you on spring having taken on a whole deeper meaning since moving to NY. It is incredible.

Anonymous said...

I love spring too....for the same reasons and others... ;-)

The Andrew Family said...

Well spoken. Seasons are essential. The newness of spring never gets old.